Today I’ve been having this problem out of the blue: “The type initializer for ‘Sitecore.Install.Serialization.IOUtils’ threw an exception.” Searching for this error in relation to Sitecore usually points to Newtonsoft.Json.dll as the culprit, but in my case it was Mvp.Xml.dll, that some NuGet or somesuch upgraded to a higher version thus
We’re moving our server infrastructure to a new host, and as part of the new configuration the Mongo instance will have its own server, as opposed as living on the same server of the SQL database. I took this as an opportunity to set up proper security for it. IP
This is a quick introduction/configuration for the TinyMCE Module for Sitecore module I’m writing and that I eventually aim to release on the Sitecore Marketplace. It allows usage of the “Insert Sitecore Media” and “Insert Sitecore Link” functionalities, implemented as a TinyMCE plugin. It contains no references to Telerik web controls.
In Sitecore Analytics, a Dimension represents a set of key/values pair which is updated daily. Each entry contains, for each key, a class called SegmentMetricsValue that contains the following fields: Visits, a custom Value, Bounces, Conversions, Time on Site, Page Views, and Count. Each of those can be arbitrarily assigned,
Recently I have been asked to populate a collection of Items with the content of an Excel file, a rather common request that in the past I have fulfilled with third party C# libraries. This time around however I wanted to use Sitecore Powershell: after a brief search I found